- 75 g puff pastry, or ready-rolled sheets
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- cayenne pepper
- sea salt
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- plain flour for dusting
How to make it
- Roll out the puff pastry onto a floured surface to make a 20-cm square. Brush the beaten egg over the top.
- In a bowl, mix together the salt, pepper and cheese. You could try adding other ingredients here, like a sprinkling of dried oregano, parsley or poppy seeds.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the puff pastry and press it lightly into the pastry. Slice the pastry into long strips, about 2 cm wide, and twist them using your fingers. Place them on a tray and press down the ends into the tray.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool before serving.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out Make and Do Cook!
Image credit: CookingSuper