- Coloured plastic bag, cut into a 30-cm square sheet
- 4 x 30-cm long pieces of thread
- Small toy figure
How to make it
- Cut a hole in each corner of the plastic sheet as above.
- Attach a piece of thread to each hole with a knot.
- Tie the four ends of thread together in a knot as shown.
- Attach the knot to the back of your toy or figure with a piece of tape.
- Now hold the parachute in the air and let it fall! Why not launch it from the top of the stairs? The air trapped under the parachute slows its fall. This is a force called drag.
If you’d like to find out about more fun activities like this, check out our Make and Do Science Book!